The work you do with your clients requires the building of relationships, and good relationships are built on trust. Being an accredited organization means being a trusted organization – your clients can be confident that you are the authority in your field, and that your organization meets the highest industry standards.
Pursuing accreditation is not just a test, it’s a process. The result will be a structure you build and integrate into your services. Working with CAC is a valuable investment for your organization. Not only do you get the tools you need for accreditation and beyond, you get assistance to help you implement those tools.
Why Become Accredited
Your organization has so much to gain:
- external recognition and validation that your organization adheres to industry standards,
- a proven framework to ensure your management, ethical practices, and case management practices are in place, verifying the sustainability of your organization, and
- an opportunity for team building and staff development as you work through the accreditation process together to achieve a common goal.
Becoming accredited is the first step toward making a real difference in the lives of others by achieving stability and longevity. At CAC, we work in partnership with our clients over an average period of 16 months – and it pays off. Our process is rigorous and comprehensive and includes everything our client organizations need to achieve sustainability and success.
After all, the purpose of accreditation is to support the creation and maintenance of viable structures, processes, and practices that allow organizations to offer the best possible programs and services to their clients, and we are committed to ensuring the long-term success of our client organizations.
Why Become Accredited With CAC
Embarking on the journey toward accreditation can be daunting for those who have never done it before. CAC provides a wide range of exclusive benefits no other accreditation organization offers.
Once you become a CAC client, we can help you book your initial visit with your accreditation support coordinator, who will guide you through the accreditation process and answer any questions you may have. During this initial visit, our staff are on-site with you and focused on your organization.
CAC is the only accrediting body currently offering a Pre-Site Review of your policies and procedures manual. This practice has proven to be invaluable to the organizations undergoing accreditation. During this phase, our team reviews various documents and policies your organization has in place. They will compare your documentation to the standards and provide a comprehensive overview of the strengths of your materials as well as any areas that need to be addressed.
CAC offers training specific to the accreditation process (e.g. orientation) and standards (e.g. Medication Administration, Self-Harm and Suicide Awareness). For more information, please see the CAC Learning Centrepage.
UNLIMITED PERSONAL SUPPORT
Our desire to provide superior support to our clients means that we are accessible to you any time. Our office staff and accreditation support coordinators are always willing to answer any questions you may have about the process. Please see the Contact Us page for all of our contact information.
NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES WITH SIMILAR ORGANIZATIONS
We have many clients who have excelled at the accreditation process and are more than willing to share their experiences with you. We can help put you in touch with someone from an organization similar to yours.
Our resource centre has sample documents that will help you craft your policy and procedure manuals, including several manuals from organizations that have excelled in the accreditation process.
FREE ELECTRONIC COPY OF OUR STANDARDS
We would be happy to provide you with an electronic copy of the standards to review before you apply for the accreditation process at no cost. Our standards are also available in hard copy for a fee.
At CAC we pride ourselves on providing quality service for your money, and remaining competitively priced. If you would like to learn more about how our fees work, learn about our fees at How to Apply.
RECOGNITION OF ACHIEVEMENT
Upon successful accreditation with CAC, your organization will be awarded a certificate and plaque to commemorate your accomplishment. You will also receive an electronic copy of the CAC logo to display on your website and in your publications.
What CAC Will Evaluate
The 2015 Accreditation Process provides a complete evaluation of the organization and the programs that deliver services. Evaluations are conducted at three core levels to ensure congruency in the service delivery model:
- Governance– The accreditation process at this level will ensure:
- A strong policy base to define and direct practices, as well as define and direct the operations of the organization
- Clarity of leadership through the definition of roles and responsibilities
- The presence of an established practice model
- The presence of an ethical framework within which the organization operates
- Acceptable accounting practices in financial management
- The existence of organizational planning and risk management
- Effective quality improvement planning strategies
- The existence of systems and structures to support and monitor the effectiveness of services within timelines
- Practice– The accreditation process at this level will ensure:
- . The implementation of practices defined in policies in the service delivery model
- Case management is complete and reflective of services provided
- The evidence-based nature of practice
- The reflection of evidence-based practices is reflected in the experiences of the persons served
- Persons served feel safe, with a positive sense of well-being, inclusion, accommodation for uniqueness, and are moving towards goal attainment
- Congruency at all levels of service delivery
- Cultures, rights, and the diversity of persons served are considered in the services provided
- Outcomes– The accreditation process at this level will ensure:
- . Quality planning is in place to support the development of the program and services
- Systems are in place to collect, aggregate, analyze, and report outcome data
- Outcome reports presented are congruent with the observations and experiences reported by the person served and organization staff
- Aggregated data is used in policy and program development
- Services are measured for efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the goals established for the organization and programs
CAC TRIP TO JORDAN! Last month our CEO Calvin Wood and our Director of Resources and International Development, Sana Naffa, paid a visit to Jordan to meet with key officials, including; HE Vice President for the National Woman's Health Care Center, Dr Rowaida Maaita,...
Our volunteers are the backbone of CAC, without their knowledge and expertise we wouldn’t be able to accredit organizations. We are always looking to recruit individuals interested in participating in reviews. There are many benefits to becoming a reviewer for CAC,...